JOB POSTING - ACCOUNTANT CALGARY ISLAMIC SCHOOL
Starting Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Salary: Based on experience and qualification
Application Deadline: 15 January 2018
MCFC is hiring a full-time Accountant for the Calgary Islamic School. He or She will manage all the accounting related matters for the Calgary Islamic School on behalf of MCFC.
• Responsible for day to day accounting functions for the school division including full cycle accounting, payroll, A/R, A/P, Bank Reconciliation, Petty Cash.
• Collect school fee from the parents directly in person or on the phone and then properly deposit this amount in the bank and update the customer record in the accounting system in accurate and timely manner.
• Respond to the queries of the parents, vendors and employees.
• Maintain the Fixed Assets Register including proper recording of new purchases and disposals along with associated depreciation schedule.
• Preparation of Year End working papers for the external auditor.
• Process Annual GST return for the school and submit to CRA on a timely basis.
• Develop procedure to streamline accounting practices to save revenue & improve efficiency.
• Liaison with operation and educational committee members to resolve issues.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
Must have a degree or diploma in Accounting, preferably working towards an accounting designation.
• Experience of 4 years or more with full cycle accounting process
• Familiarity with School Accounting System
• Proven proficiency in Quick Books and POS system
• Experience with Ceridian Payroll Processing System
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (particularly in advance Excel)
• Ability to perform multi-task and put priorities to meet deadlines
• Strong oral, writing and interpersonal skills
• Must have a vehicle with a valid driver license
Location of Work:
2624 37 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 5V7
Send your updated resume with cover letter to email@example.com