Starting Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Salary: Based on experience and qualification
Application Deadline: 18 Aug 2018
- We are hiring a full-time Assistant Accountant. He or she will help the accountant manage all the accounting related matters for MCFC and MAC.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day accounting functions including A/R, A/P, Bank Reconciliation, Petty Cash.
- Collect school fee from the parents directly in person or on the phone and then properly deposit this amount in the bank and update the customer record in the accounting system in accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to the queries of the parents, vendors and employees.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register including proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Preparation of year end working papers for the external auditor.
- Process Annual GST return and submit to CRA on a timely basis.
- Develop procedure to streamline accounting practices to save revenue & improve efficiency.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
Must have a diploma or degree in Accounting.
- Experience of 4 years or more with full cycle accounting process.
- Familiarity with School Accounting System.
- Proven proficiency in Quick Books and POS system.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (particularly in advance Excel).
- Ability to perform multi-task and put priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a vehicle with a valid driver license.
Location of Work:
225 28th St. SE, Calgary AB. T2A 5K4
Send your updated resume with cover letter to email@example.com